Paul A. Perez, PCC, CWPM – The Breakthrough Coach
In Hebrew, Paul means “small” and Perez means “breakthrough.” True to my name, I specialize in helping individuals and organizations move from where they are to where they want to be. I do this by facilitating daily small breakthroughs for the professionals with whom I am fortunate enough to work. It’s who I am and who you’ll get when we work together.
Background, Client, and Business Focus
Much of the last 25 years of my career has been spent working closely with business owners, corporate and nonprofit executives and senior military personnel. Together, we’ve assessed gaps in performance and leadership and crafted plans and methodologies for closing those gaps professionally and powerfully. My approach takes into account all the hard and soft skills that prevent leaders and their organizations from being the best versions of themselves!
In the military, everything hinges on the Mission; and the mission is accomplished by people. Too often, I see people sacrificed on the altar of mission. Every day I help leaders crack the people, productivity and profitability code in an era of market and geopolitical volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
Employing best-in-class assessments for understanding all the facets of your business and your people, you’ll be able to get a crystal-clear picture of what your current state is while we also work together to envision the ideal state to work towards. Reverse-engineering a solution that encompasses People, Processes and Technology, we’ll arrive at an “operating system” that will serve to daily close the distance between current and ideal state.
A large part of the path to success include a relentless attention to productivity and organizational culture. Using adaptations of the fractal model of Wilfredo Pareto’s 80/20 Principle, we’ll scrutinize those daily personal and organizational behaviors that are either furthering or militating against mission success. We’ll also use powerful tools for assessing the levels of organizational trust and psychological safety extant in your enterprise to ensure we’ve identified each and every area where emotional and behavioral constraints are causing you to take “one step forward and two steps back.”
When leaders and organizations can discern those main things, align personal and corporate values, vision and mission, breakthrough occurs. This is not a “one-size fits all” turnkey operation. As such, achieving this requires individualized care and attention in cultivating an atmosphere of respect, trust, courage and empowerment.
A partial list of what you as a business owner and leader can anticipate when we work together:
- Understanding your business valuation using the Value BuilderTM 8 Key Drivers of Business Value Assessment
- Getting clear on what success and “winning” look like in your industry through simple, enormously effective strategic planning
- Holding true to your values
- Building an “attrition-proof” company or organization
- Being open to change by learning new skills and developing resiliency
- Building courage and internal strength and
- Leaving a legacy that positively affects the lives of those you have touched
With this list in mind, we will work together to build an accurate picture and help deliver the results you hoped and dreamed about!
Education and Credentials
- BS Microbiology, University of Notre Dame
- Retired Naval Officer – Combat Naval Flight Officer and Human Resources Officer
- Executive and Professional Coach – University of Texas Dallas School of Management Graduate Certificate Program
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Certified Physician Development Coach, Physician Coaching Institute
- MS Organizational Behavior and Coaching, UT Dallas School of Management
- Certified Value BuilderTM Advisor
- Certified Wellness Program Manager, Chapman Institute WellcertSM Corporate Wellness Certification
- Certified in EQ-i 2.0 Emotional Intelligence Assessment
- Certified in EQ Profile Assessment
- Simmons Management System Personal Survey (personality and behavioral traits/Emotional Intelligence)
- Wellcoaches® Wellness Coach
- Circular Strength Training and Tactical Fitness Field Instructor