Paul A. Perez, PCC, CWPM – The Breakthrough Coach
In Hebrew, Paul means “small” and Perez means “breakthrough.” True to my name, I specialize in helping individuals and organizations move from where they are to where they want to be. I do this by facilitating daily small breakthroughs for the professionals with whom I am fortunate enough to work. It’s who I am and who you’ll get when we work together.
Background, Client and Business Focus
Much of the last 20 years of my career has been spent working closely with physicians, nurses and other healthcare practitioners in the realm of medical executive recruiting, leadership development, strategy and implementation and entrepreneurship. One of my central career foci over the years has been helping civilian physicians and healthcare executives learn how to become Naval Officers and function in Navy Medicine as team leaders and developers of people while understanding the criticality of mission accomplishment. In the military, everything hinges on the Mission; and the mission is accomplished by people. Too often, I see people sacrificed on the altar of mission. Every day I help leaders crack the people code in an era of rapid change and transition, fear and uncertainty. Together, we do this by focusing on the main things. Those “main things” are listed on the Philosophy page. When leaders and organizations are able to discern those main things, align personal and corporate values, vision and mission, breakthrough occurs. This is not a “one-size fits all” turnkey operation. As such, achieving this requires individualized care and attention in cultivating an atmosphere of respect, trust, courage and empowerment.
If you are a healthcare practitioner or leader whose focus has been compromised or whose drive has been leaking energy due to the seemingly massive assault on your profession by government regulations, market forces and unrest in the world, you don’t have to go it alone. As a team, we can collaborate together to help you make sense of it all and continue your journey while:
- Holding true to your values
- Being open to change by learning new skills and developing resiliency
- Building courage and internal strength and
- Leaving a legacy that positively affects the lives of those you have touched.
Education and Credentials
- BS Microbiology, University of Notre Dame
- Retired Naval Officer – Combat Naval Flight Officer and Human Resources Officer
- Executive and Professional Coach – University of Texas Dallas School of Management Graduate Certificate Program
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Certified Physician Development Coach, Physician Coaching Institute
- MS Organizational Behavior and Coaching, UT Dallas School of Management
- Certified Wellness Program Manager, Chapman Institute WellcertSM Corporate Wellness Certification
- Simmons Management System Personal Survey (personality and behavioral traits/Emotional Intelligence)
- Wellcoaches® Wellness Coach
- Circular Strength Training and Tactical Fitness Field Instructor