The cornerstone my Coaching Philosophy is depicted by the illustration below. I call it, Know-Be-Do. In short, it means this:
- Know who you are and how you fit into your world. This includes, but is not necessarily limited your to values, purpose and passion. We’ll determine these.
- Be that person regardless of what’s going on in your world. The leadership development pillar of this program will focus on this circle.
- Do those things in life that resonate with who you are and contribute to your definite major purpose in life. We will study how you can align your current economic engine with your other two domains to bring more career fulfillment and harmony in your current team. If your current economic engine doesn’t work, we’ll explore finding another one!
At the center of these three overlapping domains is your “sweet spot.” That’s where your authentic self emerges. That’s the place of convergence, where you know who you are, you are being that person under all circumstances, and you are doing what fulfills you and answers the question, “Why am I here?”
If Know-Be-Do is the cornerstone, then the four pillars of this edifice are:
- Always seek True North. Operate daily from your deepest held values and guiding principles. We will focus on values-based leadership development.
- Be teachable. No one knows everything. Yes, that includes you and me!
- Be strong and courageous. Life and work are filled with swift transition. It takes guts to face the day to day grind and ask the hard questions of yourself and others. And a courageous, value-driven person is one who will not compromise when life and business pressures come knocking.
- Focus on Forever. “If your vision is for a year, plant wheat. If your vision is for ten years, plant trees. If your vision is for a lifetime, plant people.” Chinese proverb
Together, we’ll develop the blueprint and the skills and secure the tools you need to put up the walls, trim, paint and all the other key essentials to build the life and career of your dreams.